Business Development Manager (BDM)
Job Title : Business Development Manager
General Summary of Duties: The BDM will generate leads and referrals for growth opportunities for acquisitions across the US. The BDM will be responsible for driving brand awareness, building lasting relationships with various car wash owners and staff, conduct strategic outreach efforts and using a consultative sales approach.
Reports To: VP of Business Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Working in a clerical/office environment. Sitting for long periods of time. Occasional standing, walking and lifting up to twenty (20) lbs.
- Generates new leads, identifies and contacts decision-makers, makes daily calls to prospective leads and referral sources, screens potential business opportunities.
- Develops strong relationships with industry connections and referral sources.
- Drives new business growth in alignment with the GO growth strategy.
- Has a deep understanding of GO Car Wash’s services, operations, leadership and structure. Stays apprised of company developments.
- Drives brand awareness and new partnerships by coordinating outreach and marketing events. Attends strategic new business events, conventions and other networking events that promote the GO brand and may result in new business.
- Develops and maintains an accurate database of industry contacts and contact status.
- Meets sales and activity performance goals, including weekly pipeline report by region. Prepares reports and communicates monthly summary of wins, losses, inhibitors and net-new opportunities. Achieves and exceeds lead generation goals. Achieves and exceeds deals/closing goals.
- Based on leads and referrals generated, refers new business opportunities in new markets to VP of Business Development.
- Researches market conditions and developments in order to gain knowledge of the industry, key players, competitors and suppliers.
- Act as an ambassador of GO Car Wash by upholding GO standards and values at all times. Works with potential sellers in a friendly, outgoing, professional manner.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTORISTICS:
- Relationship building skills: The ideal candidate acquires, builds, and cultivates strong relationships across the car wash industry. He / she establishes trust and connection quickly though living the GO Car Wash values. This skill and experience could come from owning a business or the successful execution of a role as a leader, business development manager, or sales professional. Deep relationships in the car wash business are required.
- Impactful communication: The ideal candidate has experience driving initiatives and influencing others to come along. Some of the key skills include listening and presenting a compelling case for a path forward. He / she thrives in any situation, from the board room to a car wash site with a diverse group of people. The ideal candidate will be skilled in shifting their communication style and content depending on the situation and audience.
- Industry experience: The ideal candidate has spent the bulk of their experience in the car wash business. He / she understands the challenges and opportunity inherent in the business. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 6 years as an operator, owner, or supplier in the car wash space. While, acquisition experience is a plus, the learning agility to understand the business is required.
- Organized and disciplined: The ideal candidate can see the big picture, plan, and execute to get results. He / she will be skilled in prioritizing many initiatives and pivots quickly as demands change in real-time.
- Team Player: Excellent teamwork dynamics are critical at GO Car Wash. The ideal candidate will show high levels of empathy and collaboration as he /she rallies around our common goal. He / she will have the ability to work both individually and cross functionally with a diverse team.
- Passion for winning: The ideal candidate is self-motivated and has high energy. He / she can easily function in a high-demand, performance-driven environment with minimal supervision. Must be willing to roll-up sleeves and get work done. This position requires a passion for execution and a personal drive for results.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in business management, finance or related field a required. MBA a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in outbound sales. Proven track record of sales growth. Experience in car wash or automotive sales a plus.
- Outbound sales experience.
- Superior sourcing and research skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong negotiation skills and a collaborative/team approach to execution.
- Solid judgment and influencing skills to provide impetus to “get deals done.”
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, work within a cross functional team.
Job Status: Full Time