Assistant General Manager
How would you like to get an opportunity to run your site up to GO standards? Build your team (along with your career) and provide world-class service to our customer base?
JOB TITLE: Assistant General Manager (AGM)
GENERAL The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is responsible for all day-to-day site operations
SUMMARY and works with the General Manager (GM) to recruit and train staff, drive sales,
OF DUTIES: ensure site safety and efficiency, and provide superior customer-service at all times.
REPORTS TO: General Manager (GM)
SUPERVISES: Hourly Teammates
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
PHYSICAL T he ability to lift 25/50/80 pounds regularly, respond quickly to sounds, move safely
DEMANDS: over uneven terrain or in confined spaces, see clearly and respond to dangerous situations, safely climb ladders while carrying 40 pounds or more, work in extreme weather and wear PPE correctly throughout the day, long periods of time standing or moving.
ESSENTIAL Partners with GM to recruit, train, coach and develop all teammates.
FUNCTIONS: Ensures compliance with GO onboarding, orientation and training processes for all new teammates. Stays up to date on all process changes and enhancements.
- Provides ongoing development, coaching and counseling to all high-potential hourly teammates.
- Partners with People Services on disciplinary issues including investigations and terminations.
- Partners with GM and Market Leader to drive local volume and sales through strategic community outreach and marketing efforts.
- Checks GO store email regularly and responds to all emails in a timely, pleasant manner. Follows-up on action items as needed, quickly and accurately.
- Partners with GM on budget planning and forecasting, weekly scheduling, and site labor to GO Car Wash standards.
- Stays up to date on site metrics and reviews reporting regularly. Provides ad hoc reporting.
- In the General Manager’s absence, submits payroll information for all employees on time. Cross-references and reviews payroll before submission to ensure 100% accuracy and guarantee all teammates are accurately paid for hours worked.
- Ensures teammates are using prescribed sales scripts and guide-on procedures at all times.
- Ensures site is operating safely and in compliance with all regulatory, local, state and federal laws/regulations.
AGM Job Description
- Creates genuine connections with customers and fosters relationships through superior customer-service to build and maintain membership sales.
- Walks site throughout shift to ensure site is operating safely, efficiently, and up to the GO standards of service. Converses with customers regularly to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a steward of resources and manages all supplies, products, and chemicals responsibly. Manages inventories and par levels to GO standards.
- Handles all customer issues/complaints. Escalates issues as needed to GM and Market Leader to resolve all issues in a timely manner that result in positive outcomes and customer-retention.
- Partners with Facilities Market Leader and maintenance team to ensure all equipment is properly maintained, safely operated and maintenance requests are fulfilled in a timely manner to minimize site down time.
- Acts as an ambassador for GO Car Wash and lives and breathes GO Car Wash’s core values every day.
- Drives top line sales and produces bottom line profitability for the wash.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Six (6) months of previous customer-service experience preferred. Previous sales experience a plus. Previous car wash experience a plus.
REQUIREMENTS: Ability to deliver results independently but able to work collaboratively with a team to accomplish a common goal
- Commitment to superior teammate and customer experience and operational excellence
- Bringing a positive, outgoing attitude everyday
- Strong work ethic and commitment to driving sales
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: OR702