Assistant General Manager - Mission, TX (335)
JOB TITLE: Assistant General Manager (AGM)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is responsible for all day-today site operations and works with the General Manager (GM) to recruit and train staff, drive sales, ensure site safety and efficiency and provide superior customer-service at all times.
REPORTS TO: General Manager (GM) SUPERVISES: Hourly Teammates
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
- The ability to lift 25/50/80 pounds regularly, respond quickly to sounds, move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces, see clearly and respond to dangerous situations, safely climb ladders while carrying 40 pounds or more, work in extreme weather and wear PPE correctly throughout the day.
1. Partners with GM to recruit, train, coach and develop all teammates.
2. Ensures compliance with GO onboarding, orientation and training processes for all new teammates. Stays up-to-date on all process changes and enhancements.
3. Provides ongoing development, coaching and counseling to all high-potential hourly teammates.
4. Partners with People Services on disciplinary issues including investigations and terminations.
5. Partners with GM and Market Leader to drive local volume and sales through strategic community outreach and marketing efforts.
6. Checks GO store email regularly and responds to all emails in a timely, pleasant manner. Follows up on action items as needed, quickly and accurately.
7. Partners with GM on budget planning and forecasting.
8. Stays up-to-date on site metrics and reviews reporting regularly. Provides ad hoc reporting.
9. In the General Manager’s absence, submits payroll information for all employees on time. Cross references and reviews payroll before submission to ensure 100% accuracy and guarantee all teammates are accurately paid for hours worked.
10. Ensures teammates are using prescribed sales scripts and guide-on procedures at all times.
11. Ensures site is operating safely and in compliance with all regulatory, local, state and federal laws/regulations.
12. Creates genuine connections with customers and fosters relationships through superior customer service to build and maintain membership sales.
13. Partners with GM to create weekly schedule and manages site labor to GO Car Wash standards.
14. Walks site throughout shift to ensure site is operating safely, efficiently and up to the GO standards of service. Converses with customers regularly to ensure customer satisfaction.
15. Acts as a steward of resources and manages all supplies, products and chemicals responsibly. Manages inventories and par levels to GO standards.
16. Handles all customer issues/complaints. Escalates issues as needed to GM and Market Leader to resolve all issues in a timely manner that result in positive outcomes and customer-retention.
17. Partners with Facilities Market Leader and maintenance team to ensure all equipment is properly maintained, safely operated and maintenance requests are fulfilled in a timely manner to minimize site down time.
18. Acts as an ambassador for GO Car Wash and lives and breathes GO Car Wash’s core values every day.
19. Drives top line sales and produces bottom line profitability for the wash.
20. Performs other duties as assigned. Job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
Essential functions are subject to change. Every employee is required to remain updated on company policies and affairs through appropriate sources, such as the internal employee website.
EDUCATION: HS Diploma or equivalent preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in business management, hospitality or related field a plus.
- Minimum of one (1) year management experience preferred. Management in restaurants or hospitality highly preferred.
- Experience in car wash or automotive industry a plus.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, required.
- Strong leadership skills
- A passion for doing new and difficult things and creating memorable experiences for teammates and customers
- Thrive on taking initiative to find sustainable solutions to challenges related to people and operations
- Ability to deliver results independently but able to work collaboratively across multi-functional groups
- Ability to manage a high number of tasks concurrently, capable of balancing multiple workflows at once
- Commitment to operational excellence and a capacity for out of the box thinking
Pay: $14 to $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: TX335AGM